me when I got money: ha! broke ass bitch how the dollar menu taste? I wouldn’t know because it’s Big Macs only around here hoe!!!!
me when I’m broke: capitalism is inhumane and must be put to an end.
The grand jury now has until January 7, 2015 to decide whether or not to charge Darren Wilson with the murder of Mike Brown. They can make a decision soon than that though.
Here’s some more info on the grand jury:
- Grand jury will begin hearing evidence on Aug. 20 in murder of Mike Brown. Darren wilson will have opportunity to testify (x)
- Grand jury might not hear all evidence until mid-October
- Possible outcomes from Grand Jury and DOJ investigation
- The grand jury in the killing of Mike Brown is only meeting once a week and are being treated as co-investigators. Also, legal experts say it’s unlikely that Darren Wilson will be charged with 1st degree murder. 2nd degree murder is possible but also unlikely if he argues that he feared for his life.
- A look at Prosecutor Bob McCulloch. McCulloch has presented 4 cases of a fatal police shooting to a grand jury. 0 indictments. McCulloch’s office also doesn’t keep detailed records. He also defended calling 2 black men shot by cops in 2000 “bums”.
- A Grand Jury Primer (storify)
- Bob McCulloch is VP of an organization that supports Darren Wilson? (x) McCulloch also won’t recommend charges against Darren Wilson to the grand jury. This is why a special prosecutor is needed.
- STL grand jury weighs charges in Ferguson shooting
- Grand jury now has until JANUARY to decide whether to charge Darren Wilson (x) (x) (x) (x)
"White people built america"
"Columbus is a hero"
"Survival of the fittest"
"Slavery, segregation, some MLK & Rosa Parks happened, end of racism"
"The Melting Pot"
"Land of the free/opportunity"
tw: racism tw:slavery tw:antiblackness
today in class i am not lying the 2 other people in my group (both are women between 30-40 with children, one white and one non-Black poc) agreed that perhaps it would be better if children in schools weren’t taught about slavery because “if it wasn’t for public schools, my kids wouldn’t know anything about it” and then we could be happy forgetting about shit that’s happened and not having to deal w all this grisly shit that is the so-called united states of america’s messed up legacy
lady seriously tried to come at me with “yeah, but people since the dawn of time have had slavery and it doesn’t matter the color of your skin I mean if you look back to early civilizations.” like that somehow is some sorta excuse to not talk about the “American” institution of slavery
these ppl had everything all fucked up and they’re about to be teachers in public schools (in oklahoma) pls pray for the kids that have to be subjected to that
NATIVES READ TOO
Browsing the internet, found some free PDFs to read:
All social change is speculative fiction because we’ve never seen a world without poverty, never seen a world with total equality, never seen a world without prisons…therefore activism IS speculative fiction, it’s visionary fiction because we are writing a world we’ve never seen but a world we’d like to live in.
It’s hard and unapologetic but it’s hopeful because it can cause us to move; it wakes up and shows us that change is possible."
saw this sorta cute person at the car wash today but u kno i didn’t say nothing